Newmont Ahafo Development Foundation (NADeF) is pleased to announce to prospective applicants from all our ten communities that applications for the 2017/2018 Zen/NADeF Excellence Scholarship Award are now open.
Applicants who are doing their undergraduate degree programs in the Businesses are welcome to apply. The Zen/NADeF Excellence Scholarship will be awarded to support students for undergraduate degree studies in the Business field.
The applicant must be a validated citizen of one of the NADeF Communities in the Newmont Ahafo Mine area, and he/she must first be pursuing undergraduate degree in any recognized university in Ghana. The Scholarship is open to Needy but Brilliant students who are studying in the relevant field of Businesses.
Through this excellence scholarship scheme, Zen and NADeF aim to help highly motivated, highly-driven and brilliant individuals overcome one of the key challenges to their careers being the cost of undergraduate studies. The winner of the Zen/NADeF Excellence Scholarship Award will receive a tuition support of up to GHc10, 000.00. The funds will be spread over the duration of the program, for the completion of a program of study, at an accredited educational institution, starting at the beginning of 2017/2018 Academic Year.
STEP 1: Ensure that you fulfill the Zen/NADeF Excellence Scholarship Award Eligibility Criteria.
STEP 2: Fill out the application form which is downloadable at the NADeF website (www.nadef.org) or available at the NADeF Secretariat at Ntotroso. Printed copies of application forms are also made available to the Sustainable Development Committees (SDC) of the ten NADeF Communities. Do not submit your application until you have completed the entire application process!
STEP 3: Attach necessary documents; CV, two recommendation letters (one from the academic section of your institution and the other from your community SDC), at least a current academic year’s Bachelor transcript (stamped and signed) by the school as a true copy, copy of admission letter, etc.
STEP 4: When your application is complete, and all additional documents are attached, you can email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com or submit directly to the NADeF Secretariat. Once your application is submitted, you can no longer make any changes or email any more documents.
The application deadline is Friday, SEPTEMBER 8, 2017 @ 16:00GMT. You will receive confirmation through email once application has been submitted. Please do not call or email NADeF to inquire about the status of your application. Only successful applicants will be notified via email and/or telephone call.
- Must be between the ages of 18-30 at the time of submitting his/her application.
- Must have been studying his/her Bachelor’s Degree in an accredited university in Ghana.
- Must be a first class or second class upper student.
- Must be a continuing student at an accredited university for the 2017/2018 academic year.
- Must be having THREE or MORE years to complete his/her course duration.
- Must be a validated citizen of any of the ten NADeF Communities in the Newmont Ahafo Mine area.
- Must be studying a program in the business discipline, such as Accounting, Human Resource Management, Banking and Finance, Business Management or any other business related course.
PLEASE NOTE: Kindly read ALL of the directions below before proceeding with the application process:
- Applicants are responsible for gathering and submitting all necessary information. Applications will be evaluated based on the information provided. Therefore, all questions should be answered as thoroughly as possible. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Once an application has been submitted, no changes will be allowed.
- Applicants should not call or email NADeF to ask if their application has been received, or to inquire about their status.
- All materials submitted will not be returned to the applicant.
- Applicants must complete the application forms embossed with NADeF official stamp.
- Needy assessment of applicants will be done by the review committee.
- Short listed applicants may be invited for interview and a written Test.
- Only the successful applicant will be notified.
- Applicants must attach the required documents as indicated below. All materials including the application, recommendations, and other required information must be received no later than SEPTEMBER 8, 2017 @ 16:00GMT.
Disbursement of the Scholarship Fund
The terms and conditions of payment will be determined in coordination with the student upon his/her selection in accordance with the following guidelines:
1. The academic user fees, including any supplementary examination fees, as may be required by the academic institution, will be paid directly by NADeF to the academic Institution.
2. An allowance to cover books and accommodation will be transferred to the student’s own personal bank account every academic year.
Required Documents from an Applicant
- A completed application form.
- A copy of the applicant’s admission letter offered by the institution.
- Copy of at least a current academic year’s transcript certified (Stamped and Signed) by the institution as true copy.
- A short essay in applicants own words (maximum of 500 words) in English, giving reasons for applying for the ZEN/ NADeF Excellence Scholarship Award explaining your educational goals, and clearly describing how you will use the experience gained from your studies to help in the development of your community and society (evidence of plagiarism would result in automatic disqualification).
- Two recommendation letters (one from the academic section of your institution and the other from your community SDC)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Validation from the Community
Validated citizens of the following communities are eligible:
Gyedu, Kenyasi No.1, Kenyasi No.2, Ntotroso, Wamahinso and their satellite towns in the Asutifi North District; and; Adrobaa, Afrisipakrom, Susuanso, Terchire, Yamfo and their satellite towns in the Tano North District of Brong-Ahafo Region of Ghana.