Newmont Ahafo Development Foundation (NADeF) and Liebherr Mining Ghana Limited are pleased to announce that qualified applicants who are doing their undergraduate degree programs or Higher National Diploma (HND) in the sciences are welcome to apply for the Liebherr/NADeF Excellence Scholarship Award for 2017. The Liebherr/NADeF Excellence Scholarship will be awarded to support students for undergraduate degree studies / HND in the sciences.
The applicant must be a validated citizen of one of the NADeF Communities in the Newmont Ahafo Mine area, and he/she must first be pursuing undergraduate degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) in any recognized and accredited University/Polytechnic in Ghana. The Scholarship is open to students who are studying in the relevant field of Sciences.
Through this excellence scholarship scheme, Liebherr and NADeF aim to help highly motivated, highly-driven and brilliant individuals overcome one of the key challenges to their careers being the cost of undergraduate studies. The winner of the Liebherr/NADeF Excellence Scholarship Award will receive a tuition support of up to GHc15, 000.00. The funds will be spread over the duration of the program, for the completion of a program of study, at an accredited educational institution, starting at the beginning of 2017/2018 Academic Year.
STEP 1: Ensure that you fulfill the Liebherr/NADeF Excellence Scholarship Award Eligibility Criteria.
STEP 2: Fill out the application form which is downloadable at the NADeF website (click here to download) or available at the NADeF Secretariat at Ntotroso. Printed copies of application forms are also made available to the Sustainable Development Committees (SDC) of the ten NADeF Communities. Do not submit your application until you have completed the entire application process!
STEP 3: Attach necessary documents; CV, two endorsed recommendation letters (one from the academic section of your institution and the other from your community SDC) and at least a certified current academic year’s Bachelor / HND transcript, etc.
STEP 4: When your application is complete, and all additional documents are attached, you can email your application to email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org or submit directly to the NADeF Secretariat. Once your application is submitted, you can no longer make any changes or email any more documents.
The application deadline is MONDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2017. Please do not call or email NADeF to inquire about the status of your application. Only successful applicants will be notified via email and/or telephone call.
- Must be between the ages of 18-30 at the time of submitting his/her application.
- Must have been studying his/her undergraduate degree / HND program in an accredited University/Polytechnic in Ghana.
- Must be a First Class or Second Class student.
- Must be a continuing student at an accredited University/Polytechnic for the upcoming 2017/2018 academic year.
- Must be having three or more years to complete his/her course duration.
- Must be a validated citizen of any of the ten NADeF Communities in the Newmont Ahafo Mine area.
- Must be studying a program in the sciences, such as: medicine, engineering, environment, ICT, or other related science and technology fields.
- Unsuccessful Applicants from the previous phases of the Scheme can re- apply.
PLEASE NOTE: Kindly read ALL of the directions below before proceeding with the application process:
- Applicants are responsible for gathering and submitting all necessary information. Applications will be evaluated based on the information provided. Therefore, all questions should be answered as thoroughly as possible. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Once an application has been submitted, no changes will be allowed.
- NADeF will not consider applications received through a third party. It must be submitted directly by the applicant via the provided email or to the NADeF Secretariat at mexicaninsurance.com.
- Please do not call or email NADeF to ask if your application has been received, or to inquire about the status of your application.
- Please note that only successful applicants will be notified.
- All materials submitted will not be returned to the applicant.
- Applicants must complete the downloaded or printed application forms embossed with NADeF official logo and/or stamp.
- Applicants must attach the required documents as listed below. All materials including the application, recommendations, and other required information must be received no later than MONDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2017.
Disbursement of the Scholarship Fund
The terms and conditions of payment will be determined in coordination with the student upon his/her selection in accordance with the following guidelines:
The academic user fees, including any supplementary examination fees, as may be required by the academic institution, will be paid directly by NADeF to the academic institution.
An allowance to cover books and accommodation will be transferred to the student’s own personal bank account on a yearly basis.
The Winner will also be provided with a laptop computer as part of the scholarship package.
Required Documents from an Applicant
- A completed application form.
- A copy of the applicant’s admission letter offered by the institution.
- Copy of at least a full academic year’s transcript certified by the institution as true copy.
- A short essay (maximum of 500 words) in English– giving reasons for applying for the Liebherr/ NADeF Excellence Scholarship, explaining your educational goals, and clearly describing how you will use the experience gained from your studies to help in the development of your community and society.
- Two endorsed recommendation letters (one from the academic section of your institution and the other from your community SDC)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
Validated citizens of the following communities are eligible:
Gyedu, Kenyasi No.1, Kenyasi No.2, Ntotroso, Wamahinso in the Asutifi North District of Brong-Ahafo Region of Ghana. Adrobaa, Afrisipakrom, Susuanso, Terchire, and Yamfo in the Tano North District of Brong-Ahafo Region of Ghana.