Newmont Ahafo Development Foundation (NADeF) is a community development foundation established by Newmont Ghana Gold Limited and the Ahafo Mine Communities to support the sustainable development of the communities in the Newmont Ahafo Mine operational area. NADeF was established in 2008 and has since 2009 been working with the communities in supporting the following development focus areas; Human Resource Development, Provision of Infrastructural and Social Amenities, Economic Empowerment, Natural Resource Protection, and Cultural Heritage and Sports.
The successful candidate will report to the Executive Secretary and provide support to the general NADeF operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning and leading the execution of the Foundation’s public events.
- Media relations
- Producing the Foundation’s newsletter.
- Drafting of media releases.
- Media monitoring.
- Managing the Foundation’s photo & films library.
- Managing the Foundation’s website and social media platforms
- Managing the stakeholder database of the Foundation.
- Liaising with Newmont Communication Department for the development and alignment of messages, communication materials such as flyers, posters, documentaries etc as well as other activities
- Arranging visits and meetings.
- Taking minutes and other records.
- Managing Economic Empowerment programmes and activities.
- Support the Foundation’s monitoring and evaluation Process.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Secretary.
- Degree/Diploma in Communication Studies or equivalent qualification from a recognised institution.
- At least three years post qualification experience in a similar or related position
- Workplace experience in media or Communication related environment.
- Familiarity with administrative support and office procedures.
- Knowledge of local media landscape and familiarity with local governance institutions.
- Prioritizing, assuming responsibility for tasks with minimum supervision, delivering to deadlines.
- Supporting creative and innovative approaches to project the foundation.
- Communicating skills, written and verbal proficiency in English language.
- Oral proficiency in Akan is desirable.
- Good IT skills, notably Microsoft Office package.
- Holder of Driver’s License.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, be a team player and be able to work with minimal supervision.
The position is located at Ntotroso.
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for this position, please send your application letter and current curriculum vitae with details of three referees to the address below.
The Executive Secretary
Newmont Ahafo Development Foundation
P.O. Box 30, Ntotroso B/A
Or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: Deadline for submission of application is March 9Th 2018